ALCS Middle School Experiential Education
Friday Hiking Information
We are working hard to be sure that all protocols and procedures are in place. You don't need to print any of the linked documents below (we will have copies when you come to school), but you do need to read them all--please. You may view each document by clicking on the blue, linked sentences below.
One document is information about how the Fridays will work with about 20 students coming to school and the rest will meet on-line.
1. Those students on-line will meet from 8:30 to 11:30 at usual.
2. Those students coming to school will be dropped off and checked in between 8:30 - 8:45, (but no sooner than 8:30).
3. Families should park in the lot below the school and walk their child to meet their hiking teacher in the grassy area.
4. Parents will sign their student in.
The next document is a Waiver outlining the protocols for Covid safety and what our expectations are. We will have a copy for you to sign on the first Friday that your child attends. Please read it ahead of time so you know what you and your child are agreeing to.
The third document is a sample of how you will sign-in your child each Friday they are on the hike rotations.
Groups which were randomly made are subject to change based on 3 things
1. If your child is in a hiking group but their health form is not uptodate with us then we will switch them for another week.
2. If the county does not retain its "green" status on the Covid scale, we will postpone our Friday start date.
3. If you change your mind about your child going on a Friday hike.